Efficient and well-structured water management is vital to uphold a sustainable society. For an extensive system upgrade in Hungary, AVK International has supplied gate valves and knife gate valves.
Back in the 1970s, a multi-purpose water management system was planned in the area around Debrecen, the second largest city in Hungary. The project was never completed, but now, in response to societal needs, the first stage of a new development program "CIVAQUA" can begin.
The main goals of the program:
- Improvement of the city's environmental condition by creating a wet-land zone in the line of the Tócó stream
- Reduction of dust pollution
- Improvement of groundwater enrichment and microclimate, and prevention of degradation processes
- Elimination of water scarcity through replenishment of the Erdőspuszta lakes
- Establishment of irrigation facilities in the agricultural areas around Debrecen
The project will also contribute to a long-term goal of transporting water without pressure from Tisza, one of Europe's largest rivers – from the ridge pipeline to the planned 170 hectare Ágod Valley reservoir. This reservoir will greatly contribute to solve the issues of insufficient inland drainage and water accumulation in the area. In the future, it will also be filling the 57 hectare Nagy Tó reservoir.
Products supplied to the project:
DN1000 PN10 knife gate valves with rising stem and handwheel
DN1000 PN10 knife gate valves with non-rising stem and handwheel
DN400 PN10 gate valves
Learn more about water supply and the many ways we can assist you.GO TO WATER SUPPLY