Since AVK UK launched the concept of a wastewater air valve on the UK market, it has been successfully adopted and projects using this product increasingly continue to grow.
Following discussions with designers, operations and contractors it soon became apparent that cost savings, initially identified as the main driver, are only part of the success story as outlined below:
- Reduced design requirements as the chamber only requires one top ring at installation.
- Improved health and safety because the valve can be removed at ground level eliminating confined space entry.
- Reduced installation time and exposed excavations on site as the unit comes with a standard NP16 flange connection which can be bolted on and the excavation back-filled in one day.
- The simplicity increases installation speed benefiting the overall site program.
- The ease of valve removal simplifies future maintenance and reduces costs. With the simple quarter turn release of the air valve and ease of access to the internals, maintenance is completed efficiently and cost effectively.
- Savings have been identified anywhere from £400 to £900+ depending on the site and traditional chamber design.
- With a solution such as this, the Series 701/79 package comes with established performance and quality and delivers options suitable for the hydraulic conditions of individual mains with air valve performance varying from minimum sealing pressures of 0.05 bar up to discharge of over 2,300 cubic meters per hour at 16 bar.